NATO is conducting large-scale exercises this month with Norway as the staging ground.
It’s part of a steady shift in focus into the Arctic for the alliance — and a massive Russian buildup on the other side.
- Russian buildup worries Norway before big NATO military exercise
- Conservative British politicians warn Russia over its military expansion in the Arctic
- Norway to invite more U.S. Marines, for longer and closer to Russia
- Russia vows consequences after Norway invites more U.S. Marines
- ‘America’s got to up its game in the Arctic,’ says Defense Secretary Mattis